Official Give Away Contest Rules and Prizes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: This contest is open to all legal residents of the United States, who, as of the drawing date, are at least 18 years of age and have a valid e-mail account. Previous winners are ineligible. Pictures with people in the foreground or background will not be considered, unless this portion can be cropped out before final printing of the calendar. Entrants who cannot provide reproducible photos will not be considered. Employees of National Relief Charities and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. National Relief Charities is not responsible for contest form failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winner must be in compliance with all contest rules.
3. Method of Entry: The contest begins February 1, 2013 and ends July 31, 2013 with two winners selected each month. Each entry must include a valid e-mail address. To enter, create a Personal Fundraising Sage page and upload a photo of your pet. No contribution is necessary to enter or win.
4. Photos: Images must be .gif, .jpg, or .png files. Files with a .jpg or .png type will be automatically resized to fit in a 225 x 300 pixel space. (If selected as a winner, the entrant will be asked to email a copy of the original for best presentation in the ROAR 2013 calendar.) Maximum acceptable file size is 4 Mb. Recommendations for best quality photos include: use 300 dpi at a minimum size of 3 x 5 inches (900 x 1,500 pixels), using a 3.2 megapixel camera (at minimum) and set at its highest quality.
5. Deadline for receipt of entries: Entries for each month’s contest selection must be submitted by midnight (CDT) on the last day of the month.
6. Selection of winners: Two (2) monthly winners will be selected by determining the pages with the highest votes (minus previous years' votes) as of each monthly deadline for a total of twelve (12) winners for the contest. In the event of no new entries in a specified month, winners will be selected from previous month entries. In the event of a tie for the second winner, one will be selected for the current month and the other will be a backup for a future month. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
7. Voting: Only one (1) vote per day per unique voter will be acceptable. Invalid votes will be disregarded. Online voting will end at 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on July 31, 2013. Voting is open to persons 13 years and older. Vote for Pet of the Month by entering a comment on the entrant’s Sage page. Your computer may need to accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Pop-up blocking software on your computer may need to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
8. Prize: Twelve (12) winners will have their pet’s photo represented in the 2014 ROAR (Rescue Operation for Animals of the Reservation — a Program of National Relief Charities) Calendar. (The month the photo will be represented in the 2013 ROAR Calendar will be randomly selected.) Monetary value of this prize package is $0.00.
9. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winners will be notified by email the month following the close of the previous month’s contest selection. Winners will be asked to email original pictures in order to have the highest resolution possible for printing. Participants grant National Relief Charities the right to use their name in advertising and promoting the contest without further compensation.
10. Participation: All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be in National Relief Charities' sole discretion. National Relief Charities is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, or incomplete email or transactions, for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or National Relief Charities. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
11. Limitations of Liability/Disputes: By entering the contest, entrants agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved through mediation. If the claim is not resolved, the dispute will be submitted to arbitration in accordance with the Expedited Procedures of the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Rules for claims less than $10,000. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. Any damage award shall be limited to entrants actual out of pocket expenses. By entering the contest all, entrants waive any and all rights individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event to recover attorney’s fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses. Entrants warrant that the photograph submitted is original, that entrant is the sole owner and copyright holder of that photograph, and that entrant has not granted exclusive rights of that photograph to any other person or entity. Entrants also warrant that the photograph does not depict harm done to, or cruelty to, the pet; does not invade the right of privacy of any individual; does not infringe any trademark, trade name, trade secret, intellectual property right, or other common law or statutory right; nor does it contain any material that otherwise violates any criminal prohibition or the personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Winner(s) will be responsible for any taxes on the value of the prize. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
12. Grant of Rights: With regard to any image or content submitted, Entrant agrees to grant the National Relief Charities, its legal representatives, successors, and assigns, the nonexclusive right and permission to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish, and distribute the photograph, or any portion thereof, throughout the world, in any printed form and by any kind of mechanical or electronic or any other method or device of reproduction, publication, and distribution known or later developed, and without notification or payment, in connection with the ROAR Pet of the Month Contest.
13. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any Contestant and National Relief Charities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
14. General Release: By entering the contest, entrants release National Relief Charities and their affiliated companies and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
15. Sponsor: The ROAR Pet of the Month Contest is sponsored by National Relief Charities, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. National Relief Charities will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, or to obtain a list of winners after the close of the contest, please contact National Relief Charities at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 416-8102.
Celebrate all the wisdom your beloved pets have shared with you. Create and personalize your own web page to honor the animal wisdom in your life, sharing their pictures and stories.
American Indian reservations often face the issue of homeless animals without the resources to manage it. When we see innocent animals suffering unnecessarily, we don't want to just speak out ... we want to ROAR. Add your voice!